In our last article, we shared about “houses of hope” that the Lord was bringing forth in this time. To read it on The Elijah List, click here. Each of these “houses of hope” had their own unique “ingredients” based on their inheritance, but I also saw some common ingredients that were shared by all:
First Ingredient: They are Places Where People Know Their God
The first ingredient common to all these “hopeful houses” is that they are places where people know their God, like Nathanael in John 1:45-51. After one statement from Jesus, he knew Jesus was the Son of God. He had a perception and awareness of Jesus, and his response to the presence of the Lord was over the top! Like Nathaniel, these ones are aware of Jesus and His angelic presence in the present, as the depth of the knowledge of God is uncovered in these houses of hope. Jesus is saying as He did to Nathaniel, “You will see greater things than these… Truly, truly, I say to you, you will see the heavens opened and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man” (John 1:50-51).
Second Ingredient: Different Tribes Will Come Together in These Places
At the Counsel Table of the Lord, I saw the second ingredient common to these “hopeful houses.” I saw each hopeful house teaching and opening up discoveries of God out of every tribe and tongue and out of many different wells. The Lord shared that He has always given different pieces of His heart to different people groups and nations. I saw the Holy Spirit leading the right people to come together in the right place at the right time.
At His Counsel Table, the Lord emphasized again our need for the right “body armor,” or marvelous comrades, to build with, because we really need each other. The Lord said, “As Hebrews 3:13 instructs, you need daily encouragement from one another! I desire to open your eyes to different Kingdom callings, to see that there are millions of facets of Me to discover in different communities. I want to give you the gift of one another to strengthen you and then I want to align you together. As you build this type of community in love, many wars will be averted.”
Today, the Lord is instructing His Hope Craftsmen to ask, “Who are the communities in my area and across the earth that I’m to build with in this season that will bring a part of Your heart that I don’t have on my own?”
Third Ingredient: The People Inside are Anointed Hopeful Ones
The third ingredient common to all these houses of hope is the people inside. They are hopeful ones who have seen the “God of the opposite,” where they had been given promises but the opposite had happened instead. Instead of growing bitter and disappointed, these ones have grown mature in their love and trust in God. They have imparted strength to others in the midst of misery with a wisdom that looks above doubt and despair and believes the truth about the goodness of God, no matter what the situation.
These hopeful ones are breaking the spirit of isolation. The Lord is saying, “Right now people feel like they are alone on an island, like Elijah did in 1 Kings 19:14-18, where Elijah thought he was the only one left who served the Lord. It was not true, as I had saved 7,000 who did not bow their knee to Baal. I always save a remnant. My people, you need to engage in community continually, building together, so that you will not walk weak and defeated, simply surviving when you are meant to soar! I want to give you the gift of others that will continually believe for you when you can’t believe in yourself. They will bring continual encouragement for the hope of your calling, like those who deposit a blessing on a son.”
God wants to give us the gift of these radiant hope-filled ones; they could be older or younger, husbands or wives, who will be keepers of the promises for us.
The hopeful anointed ones have the following distinctions:
1. They walk in Jesus’ second commandment with freedom to love their neighbors as themselves. The Lord kept repeating, “Do you realize how much I love people?” I saw His type of love being released in and through these ones and it brought forth prosperity in the Body of Christ. There has been a lot of fear of trusting others in the past, but in this house Jesus is bringing forth loyal love, fresh belief, and the ability to trust.
2. They are “Carriers of Destiny” for others, with a “breaker anointing.” These ones will impart vision to those who have forgotten their hopeful calling in Him. They will prophetically declare great love, and they will launch others. They will choose to be Micah 2:12-13 ones, not those who settle into their fears, but those who break through their fears into the promises of God. Ruth longed to carry the promises for Naomi, and Ruth gained great inheritance by caring for another. These ones will be greatly rewarded. They will leave the 99 to find the forgotten ones and bring them back to the “fold” of community and destiny. They will be shepherds after His heart.
Then I will give you shepherds after My own heart, who will feed you on knowledge and understanding. Jeremiah 3:15
3. They are “Artists of the Celebration” called forth to bring the joy and laughter back into friendship and community. They do not live in reaction to the enemy; they laugh at problems, then rejoice and move forward. They can see that God is bigger. They don’t adjust their lives or agendas to the enemy’s darkness; they live in response to God. As a result, they have permanence to their joy. When life circumstances become overwhelming, these ones take the globe off of their shoulders and dance on it! They throw magnificent celebrations of one another and daily celebrate the goodness of God, like Jeremiah 31:13:
“Then the virgin will rejoice in the dance, and the young men and the old, together, for I will turn their mourning into joy and will comfort them and give them joy for their sorrow.”
4. They are ones especially gifted to “believe the best about others.” These marvelous comrades refuse to spread bad reports about others or focus on negativity. These ones make a confident choice to hope in people instead of becoming disappointed with them. There is no “writing one another off” or isolation because these ones are filled with love and grace to see others according to the eyes of Jesus, giving mercy for human beings, and making love and trust easy. They can still see the weaknesses of others but choose to focus on their willing hearts. They are known by what they are FOR, more than what they are AGAINST. These ones demonstrate the love described in 1 Corinthians 13:7:
“[Love] always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
5. They are “Benevolent, Joyful, Affectionate Givers” within these “Places of His Presence.” These marvelous comrades display the joy of benevolence and generosity. They do not hoard but rather help others. They operate out of the abundance of Heaven’s economy and are not limited to unstable, earthly economies. They are a great company of people like Cyrus in Isaiah 45, who believe and are generous in resources, see the good in possibilities, and flow with the promises of God. For these ones it is easy to give to one another from the heart as the Lord instructs:
“Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:7).
6. They are “wise Patriarchs and Matriarchs” who have the answers in God for difficult questions. People can run to these ones for perspective in times of challenge and uncertainty. These ones have the ability to bestow majesty and authority on the next generation to enter their promised land. Like the Zimbabwe hopeful house I wrote about in my last article, these ones help people to know who they were called to be in confidence, to be unmoved in that place. They help the young ones understand the times and seasons, to not be overwhelmed by circumstances. They are like the sons of Issachar in 1 Chronicles:
“Of the sons of Issachar, men who understood the times, with knowledge of what Israel should do…” (1 Chronicles 12:32).
Fourth Ingredient: Constant Meeting at His Counsel Table Together as a Community
Then at the Counsel Table of the Lord, I saw these communities coming together, inquiring of His heart, gaining wisdom for their community as architectural dreamers for the plans of the Lord. At His Counsel Table, the Lord is releasing great building strategies and organizational structures that are becoming containers for His presence in the midst of these cities and nations. God is giving blueprints to government officials, businessmen and businesswomen, teachers, artists, housewives, laborers, all who are coming to His Table to seek His presence and inquire of His heart for daily choices. It is like Nehemiah’s day where families came together to rebuild the walls of the city:
“So we built the wall and the whole wall was joined together to half its height, for the people had a mind to work” (Nehemiah 4:6).
Fifth Ingredient: Anointed, Hopeful, Fruitful Endeavors and Enterprises Coming Forth
As I saw whole communities gathering together at His Counsel Table, I saw many communities of faith from diverse groups coming forth that are believing for the marketplace day and night. These ones are radiant about His promises, and they are going after their divine destiny in Him. Anointed, hopeful, fruitful endeavors and enterprises are coming forth that look like businesses, family inheritances, and ways to build for young marriages. They are becoming places of prosperity, body, soul and spirit, where counsel and divine destiny come forth.
Marketplace “Pioneers of His Presence” are coming forth, those who would believe and invite Him into all arenas of life. These “Pioneers of His Presence” see more with their eyes closed than open, and they walk out Psalm 105:24: “He increased His people greatly; and made them stronger than their enemies.”
Many in these places have multicolored coats like Joseph, and they are anointed to bring forth success and an exchange of wealth in hostile environments. These ones are anointed to be “bilingual,” speaking the language of the priest and the king, in ministry and the marketplace. They have wisdom for business to create wealth and rich veins for the opportunity of others. No longer will the marketplace be led by the “fear and greed” model swayed by ways of the flesh and perceived economy. Radiant, hope-filled businesses are springing forth where the presence of the Lord will reside, bringing forth witty inventions and great resource for the sake of the vulnerable of the earth.
In these businesses, the workplace will become the “encounter” place, where everyday miracles spring forth and young ones are being mentored by shepherds after His heart. These businesses will have God-centered vision, values, vehicles and processes that invite in the presence of the Lord, bringing forth transformation in their markets and spheres of influence. Young people will line up to get a job at these places, because God may be discovered there, as in Isaiah 2:2 and Micah 4:1.
Now it will come about that in the last days the mountain of the house of the LORD will be established as the chief of the mountains, and will be raised above the hills; and all the nations will stream to it. Isaiah 2:2; Micah 4:1
In conclusion, the Lord is saying, “Because of what has been loosed on the earth, angels are ascending and descending, as well as demons. My people must run into the house of hope! The river will take you there! This is not a fearful thing. Respond!” I am hearing the Lord giving this call to the nations. Don’t be like Reuben in Judges 5, who couldn’t decide, Do I go, do I stay? The Lord is shouting, “Run into that house of hope!”
Next Steps for You as Hope Craftsmen
The Lord is inviting us to take the next steps toward building “Places of His Presence” across the earth in this time. Here are some next steps the Lord gave…
1. The Lord wants us to ask Him to reveal any fear or doubt in our hearts so that we may see from His perspective like the two spies versus the 10.
2. The Lord wants us to ask Him, “Who are the communities in my area and across the earth that I’m to build with in this season that will bring a part of Your heart that I don’t have on my own?”
3. The Lord wants us to ask Him, “Who are the anointed hopeful ones You have placed around me to help encourage me in my calling, and how can I be an anointed hopeful one for others?”
4. Come together as a community (whether it be your family, business, home group, church, neighborhood, etc.) and begin to inquire of His heart together at His Counsel Table.
5. The Lord wants us to ask Him, “What are the anointed businesses in my area that You are calling forth as ‘Places of His Presence’ and how can I be involved?”
As we move forward in the Hartley Group, committed to seeing our businesses become “Places of His Presence,” the Lord is unveiling a new operating system, according to His Holy Spirit, that is changing everything and creating a resting place for His presence. We will share more on this new operating system as the Lord continues to unveil His wisdom for the sake of the Body of Christ.
In His hope,
Deeper Waters Ministry
About Bob Hartley: Bob Hartley is the founder of Hartley Institute/Deeper Waters Ministry in Kansas City, Missouri, inspired through a dream the Lord gave to Bob more than a decade ago, where the Lord spoke that “the youth of this nation are diving into ‘shallow waters’ of the knowledge of God, and it is killing them!” Bob’s heart is to take this generation deep into the knowledge of God through hopeful, heartfelt prayer and intimacy with the Lord, and opening up their ability to hear from His heart and partner with the God of All of Life in every arena and season of the soul.
Bob served as a pastor at Metro Christian Fellowship with Mike Bickle before entering the marketplace in 1983, with a vision to see the marketplace redeemed and cities established that value and love the person of Jesus. He is also the Chief Executive Officer of the Hartley Group, a “Hope Center” for the marketplace, consisting of Hartley’s Executive Cleaning, Swift Chemicals & Supply, Prize Properties and H&H Management in Kansas City, Missouri. Bob is a frequent speaker to youth, churches, businesses and national leaders throughout America and the world. His quest has been to bring the Kingdom of God into every arena of life and give spiritual tools and equipping to those seeking to know and love God in the midst of their everyday lives. Currently, Bob resides in Kansas City with his wife and four children.